Global News Manager
Want to help make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere? Can you create and lead effective media strategies that help bring about change? Want to join an award-winning and ambitious team?
Are you fizzing with great ideas, willing to take risks but utterly strategic in ensuring impact and results?
Join WaterAid as our Global News Manager and help to change normal for millions of people living without clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
As Global News Manager, you will work closely with our Policy and Campaigns division and media colleagues around the world to ensure that ambitious media coverage plays an integral role in our global advocacy strategy, amplifying our message to decision makers and helping bring about change.
Full time. International travel required of up to 3 weeks per year.
You will provide expert media advice and delivery on national and international news, policy and campaigns activities across all media channels. You will ensure that WaterAid’s media work on news, policy and campaigns is global, ambitious, proactive, fleet of foot, creative, strategic and results driven.
- Accompany journalists on media trips to see WaterAid’s work
- Brief staff up to and including the Chief Executive
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with relevant journalists
- Act as a media spokesperson for WaterAid as required.
- Lead up to four senior media officers
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Considerable experience of achieving high profile, impactful media coverage, preferably around policy or campaigns issues.
- Experience of liaising with journalists of all levels
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure.
- Creativity and tenacity
Visit the WaterAid careers page for a full job pack.
WaterAid benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on 14 March 2019 Availability for interview is required w/c 25 March 2019. Second interview will take place on w/c 1 April 2019.
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact in WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.
- Global News Manager JD.pdf (0.67 MB)