Programme Development Advisor
Want to use your skills in project design and implementation to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Programme Development Advisor to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
Strengthening our project design to do better programming.
The WaterAid Accountability & Effectiveness team is determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Join us as the Programme Development Advisor to strengthen organisational capacity in this key area. You’ll be helping staff across our Country Programmes, Regional Teams and UK functions to do develop better projects, programmes and funding proposals, through both hands on support in the design of specific projects, programmes or funding proposals, and through capacity building, using a variety of techniques, in the project design process
This post is a two-year fixed term position and the successful candidate will need to travel almost 20 weeks per year.
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
- Substantial experience in designing successful international development projects and programmes at project, country and global levels.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train others in the design process.
- Excellent understanding of the current challenges in project design in the international development sector and current initiatives to strengthen project design for improved effectiveness.
- Proven ability to work with technical programme advisors and finance staff in order to develop well-designed, high quality, suitably resourced projects with clearly defined monitoring and evaluation processes.
With a commitment to our vision, you’ll get inspiration from the changes you can contribute through strengthening project design across the organisation, contributing to better planned, more effective projects.
Excellent benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on 14 March 2019. Availability for interview is required w/c 25 March. Second interviews will take place w/c 1 April 2019.
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact in WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.
- Programme Development Advisor JD_Feb 2019_Band 4.pdf (0.68 MB)