Program/Project Management (Non Technical)
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” seven years in a row and #1 on the FORTUNE ‘100 Best Companies to Work For®’ List. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Join Salesforce’s Sustainability team as a Data Analyst, leading the collection and analysis of data with key internal and external parties to drive sustainability strategies. This role will support Salesforce’s environmental impact assessment and analytics programs. An ideal candidate has strong data mining skills, proven ability to develop, enhance, automate, and manage complex quantitative models, and is comfortable facilitating group collaboration as well as working from concept through to execution. In addition, an ideal candidate possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and high intellectual curiosity with ability to learn new technology rapidly.
This position will report to the Sustainability Program Manager and work closely with the entire Sustainability team and cross-functional business partners.
- Collect, analyze and report Salesforce’s environmental impacts, including energy, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and water.
- Refine data collection methodologies and create continuous improvement strategies to quantify Salesforce’s direct and indirect environmental impacts. This includes mining data from databases (SQL Server, Salesforce, etc.) and collaborating with BI/Data Engineer teams to drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources to continually improve data quality.
- Create actionable Sustainability reports and dashboards using complex databases, data warehouses and web application technologies.
- Support the annual Sustainability Audit project. This includes working with internal teams and external accounting/audit firms to get key sustainability metrics gathered and assured.
- Create performance metrics, baselines and targets to drive improvement programs and risk management around climate change, energy, water resources, waste, data center energy efficiency, green buildings and transportation.
- Track and keep abreast of global regulatory developments and changes to reporting standards and best in class corporate behavior.
- Support sustainability reporting and engagement, including strategy development and stakeholder process. Coordinate and manage the annual environmental footprint submission to Salesforce’s Corporate Sustainability Report.
- Support other sustainability programs as needed.
- 2-5 years of strong quantitative and qualitative experience in software development, environmental science, finance, operations, engineering or related field
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Proficiency with statistical analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, data mining, and financial analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role requires effective communication with colleagues from accounting, finance, data science, computer science and product management
- Demonstrated passion for the environment, sustainability, energy, carbon footprint management or related field
- Ability to problem-solve and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the World Resources Institute and World Business Council for Sustainable Development guidelines on Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reporting Protocol as it relates to measuring Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks, specifically the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), the Taskforce for Climate Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Salesforce.com Certified Administrator a plus
- Experience in SQL scripts and Software such as R, SAS, SPSS, MINITAB a plus
- Entrepreneurial, self-starting, insightful, detail oriented
- Positive team-oriented, hands-on, adaptive, and customer-focused attitude
**Salesforce.com will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.