Director of Hydrology
Based: London, Manchester, Leeds, Bristol or
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced hydrology professional to lead and expand our flood risk and hydrology team and services in the UK. You will manage and direct projects, build client relationships and develop new business. Working alongside hydrologists, environmental specialists and engineers you will focus on flood risk assessments, drainage design and surface water management plans.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
• Overall responsibility for the management and performance of the UK flood risk and drainage team
• Project management, direction and delivery of flood risk assessment and drainage projects
• Providing technical expertise to clients and other RPS teams in the UK and overseas
• Negotiating with regulators and statutory consultees
• Preparation & technical review of reports and deliverables
• Manage, mentor and motivate and team members
• Business development
• Prepare and review bid proposals
The skills/experience you will need to have:
As well as being a proven leader of people, you will need to have excellent technical understanding and genuine experience in managing and directing projects within the development and infrastructure sectors. You will have worked with private sector clients as well as negotiating with regulators.
• BSc/BEng and MSc/Meng Chartered engineer
• Extensive experience in the field of flood and drainage issues, preferably within a consultancy context to support development projects
• Direction on day to day team operations, including staff resourcing, project planning and changing workloads
• Thorough knowledge of associated legislation, technical guidance & codes of practice along with ability to assist on a range of daily technical and/or commercial queries
• Ownership for ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget (along with project managers)
• Excellent client management skills with proven success in developing and maintaining key contacts and with a network of contacts across the industry
• Proven experience for development, progress and success of Business Development strategies i.e. networking, presentations, marketing campaigns
What we offer you:
24 days holiday + bank holidays, company car/car allowance, private healthcare, Company pension scheme, Group disability scheme, Share incentive scheme, Life assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Membership
Choices Package including option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Cycle to work scheme, & health screening
About RPS – Hydrology & Flood Risk:
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,600 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
Our highly experienced team of chartered engineers, modellers and consultants are part of the RPS Group PLC, an international multi-disciplinary consultancy.
We provide technical expertise to support clients across all aspects of the flood risk, hydrology and sustainable drainage disciplines. Our international experience spans a diverse range of projects, from planning applications for residential, industrial and mixed-use developments, to strategic scale assessments in support of airports, large-scale housing developments, energy facilities and infrastructure projects.