CONTEXT OF ROLE
We’re looking for a dynamic, committed intern to join our team for approximately three months, in order to gain experience in campaigning.
WWF-UK has a track record of running inspiring and effective campaigns on a wide range of environmental issues ranging from climate change to trade in endangered species. Going forward we aim to engage more people than ever before in order to inspire positive change amongst government, business and other influencers.
WWF-UK’s current campaigns address some of the biggest threats to nature and biodiversity – climate change, the food system, unsustainable consumption and land management – bringing about changes in legislation and business practice through public pressure, business action and political advocacy.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
This is a broad, supportive role to assist members of the Campaigns Team to deliver effective campaigns, and therefore it requires flexibility to respond to the demands of our active campaigns. It will primarily focus on our Climate Change campaign whilst providing support to our UK Nature campaign.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Providing day-to-day operational support to WWF’s campaigns and project managing specific activities across a range of issues as required – these could include research, briefings, writing copy, organising events, web updates, planning and organisation of projects, reporting and internal comms.
- Working with WWF colleagues across all teams and units in order to co-ordinate effective campaigns.
- Liaising and working with a variety of external stakeholders which could include agencies, supporters, other NGO representatives, consultants, etc.
- Organising, supporting and taking part in team meetings e.g. regular team catch-ups, creative campaigning sessions & brainstorms etc
- Carrying out administrative tasks such as helping with booking meetings, taking meeting minutes, budgets, invoicing etc.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE
- Experience of campaigning or ability to demonstrate interest and understanding of campaigning
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and use of IT
- Copy-writing and/or editorial skills
- Experience of researching issues or scoping ideas
- Experience of organising events
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Motivated, flexible and able to work as a team member and on own initiative when the situation demands.
- Demonstrates initiative, is creative and enthusiastic
- Possesses the ability to prioritise workloads and work to tight deadlines
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A flexible and adaptable attitude
- An interest in WWF’s mission and values
WWF-UK’s values are: ‘We are courageous’, ‘We are passionate’, ‘We are collaborative’, and ‘We are guided by science and inspired by the wonders of nature’. These values should be embedded in your work and behaviour, and any associated policies and processes are adopted consistently.
This document sets out key responsibilities of the role and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of tasks and duties. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to reasonably vary the responsibilities from time to time depending on the needs of the organisation without changing the level of the role.