IWRM Knowledge Internship (Part-time, Long-term)
Duration: up to 12 months, part-time
Start Date: early August 2019
Supervisor: Ranu Sinha, Senior Water Resources Management Specialist
GWP’s vision is a water secure world. To realise this vision GWP supports countries to advance governance and management of water resources for sustainable and equitable development. This is pursued by promoting Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM), a cross-sectoral policy approach designed to replace the traditional, fragmented sectoral approach that has led to poor services and unsustainable resource use. As a means to achieving long-term impact towards water security, GWP seeks to influence water governance processes through the promotion of IWRM principles. Policy development, strategic planning, legislative change, investment planning and transboundary agreements are examples of such processes and it is here that GWP actively contributes both inside and outside the ‘water box’ at the global, regional, national and subnational levels. The intern will provide hands-on support to the implementation of the GWP IWRM knowledge and learning architecture according to need.
This Internship is an excellent opportunity for a Stockholm-based student seeking to complement their studies with practical work experience in a related field.
Assignments include but are not limited to:
General support to implementation of the GWP “We Learn” Knowledge Architecture
- Compiling and analysis of survey data stemming from staff, regional and country surveys on specific needs assessments on knowledge tools such as communities of practice and IWRM toolbox.
- Market research into technology platforms and partners for launch of new, online IWRM toolbox (see current toolbox http://www.gwp.org/en/learn/iwrm-toolbox/About_IWRM_ToolBox/).
- Development and updating of IWRM toolbox content, including research, compilation, and co-creation of papers, case studies, into PowerPoints, policy briefs, and short videos.
- Assistance on setting up a Water-wiki platform and other social media platforms for engaging with wider audience on IWRM related knowledge and best practices from the country and regional operational partners of GWP.
- Designing consultation processes around dissemination and learning of core GWP papers, reports, policies, programs to reach the 3000+ GWP country partners, external partners, and wider public audience.
- Support to all IWRM knowledge related aspects under the direction of the Senior WRM Specialist.
Last day to apply is 10 March 2019. Questions can be directed to . Please note - applications are only accepted through the online application system and not by e-mail.