SDG 6 Support Programme Internship
Duration: minimum 3 months with possible extension up to 6 months
Start Date: June 2019
Supervisor: Molly Robbins, Strategy Specialist, Francois Brikké, Senior Network Specialist
GWP’s vision is a water secure world. To realise this vision GWP supports countries to advance governance and management of water resources for sustainable and equitable development. This is pursued by promoting Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM), a cross-sectoral policy approach designed to replace the traditional, fragmented sectoral approach that has led to poor services and unsustainable resource use. As a means to achieving long-term impact towards water security, GWP seeks to influence water governance processes through the promotion of IWRM principles. Policy development, strategic planning, legislative change, investment planning and transboundary agreements are examples of such processes and it is here that GWP actively contributes both inside and outside the ‘water box’ at the global, regional, national and subnational levels.
The SDG 6 – Support Program is a new and innovative program that aims to support countries in designing and implementing activities that will have an impact on water related Sustainable Development Goals. The Program is seeking a motivated intern that can carry out assignments including the following:
- Support in project management and progress tracking of country projects and the overall program
- Collect and analyse the latest information and materials on innovative SDG developments
- Support in development and implementation of global support components of the program, including knowledge sharing
- Support in developing communications and outreach materials for different audiences
- Support in analyzing the monitoring and evaluation aspects of SDG activities
Last day to apply is 10 March 2019. Questions can be directed to Internship@gwp.org. Please note - applications are only accepted through the online application system and not via e-mail.