Nigeria nationals: WASH Project Coordinator
NRC is looking for a WaSH Project Coordinator for our field office in Maiduguri, Borno State in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the WaSH Coordinator position is to implement delegated WaSH project portfolio impact of WaSH programme activities in Borno State.
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
The WaSH Project coordinator report to WaSH PDM.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Contribute with wash specific technical competence to the development of wash strategy, Micro Log Frame, and Plan of Action
- Contribute with wash specific technical competence to programme development, adjustment or review
- Conduct wash specific technical assessment and present recommendations
- Conduct wash specific technical research and document findings and recommendations
- Provide wash specific technical input to coordination mechanism (e.g. cluster coordination) and working groups
- Develop wash specific technical indicators and mechanism for M&E
- Develop wash specific technical guidance, tools and mechanism
- Coordinate activities related to WASH infrastructure construction
- Coordinate Hygiene promotion within IDP and Host communities
- Preparing weekly, monthly progress reports and others documents required for the donor
- Performs any other duties as requested by the WASH Program Development Manager.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from working with wash projects in a humanitarian/recovery context. Experience from working with social work and/or with distribution of humanitarian assistance is an advantage.
- Previous 2 years’ work experience in community based water, Sanitation programs; Work experience with an NGO is desirable
- Must have knowledge of emergency Water supply, Hygiene, Sanitation requirements and protocols
- Familiarity with international minimum standards of water Hygiene and Sanitation service delivery (i.e., SPHERE) is an advantage
- Must have previous experience in training and Training of Trainers.
- Excellent communication skills - written and spoken - in English required.
- Must be willing to work as a team member, take direction, and share technical skills with colleagues and counterparts
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required,
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, GPS, Arc Gis and Google Earth is strongly desirable
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Engineering sciences & technology
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: March 2019
- Duration: 10 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.