Performs data collection and compilation of hydrogeological data; maintains data collection equipment and systems; performs data analysis and prepares documents in support of the mission of the Edwards Aquifer Authority and Aquifer Science Research Program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates and conducts the collection and compilation of hydrogeological data including water quality sampling of wells, springs and streams.
- Measures water level and performs gauging in observation wells and surface streams.
- Coordinates scheduling and sampling activities.
- Collects and analyzes water quality, quantity, and geologic/hydrologic data and prepares periodic data reports.
- Organizes and maintains quality-assured hydrogeologic data.
- Contributes to various research projects including implementing research plans, organizing field work, and preparing technical reports.
- Assists in the operation and maintenance of scientific instrumentation and databases.
- Provides general and technical information to the public as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in geology, hydrology, engineering, environmental science or related science field plus three years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree plus one year of relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in groundwater and surface water data collection and analysis.
- Experience working with scientific equipment.
- Knowledge of hydrogeologic procedures and practices.
- Must have knowledge of personal computers, word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Some experience in using scientific software applications to assemble and present scientific data.
- Strong oral, written, time management and organization skills required.
- Ability to exercise initiative, independent judgment and responsibility.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.