Australia nationals: Senior Scientist
Water Assessment and Systems are responsible for providing advice, services and projects related to:
- Water quality and contaminant related reviews and guidelines to support licensing and compliance activities under the EP (Environmental Protection) Act.
- Water quality databases that support monitoring, assessment and compliance of these activities and the broader Environmental Monitoring and Assessment Science Branch.
- Decision support tools that assist the Queensland Government, other government and industry to make decisions in relation to water quality monitoring and assessment.
Position status Temporary
Position type Part-time
Occupational group Sciences
Workplace Location Brisbane - South
Job ad reference QLD/302864/19
Closing date 01-Mar-2019
Yearly salary $55945 - $60172
Fortnightly salary $2144.40 - $2306.40
Job duration 28 February 2020 with possible extension
Contact person Sonia Claus
Contact details Ph: (07) 3170 5559
As the Senior Scientist you will:
- Provide scientific advice and assistance to Queensland Government, other organisations and the general public in relation to impact assessment and monitoring, particularly with regard to the protection of aquatic ecosystem health of fresh and marine waters.
- Work as a senior member of a team to review technical reports for planning approvals and regulation using scientific/technical knowledge and legislation, policy and guidelines related to water quality and ecosystem health impacts.
- Review and develop scientific and technical guidelines and policies that support the management, assessment and monitoring of regulated activities that potentially impact on water quality and associated environmental values.
- Provide support to projects on development and implementation of the group's databases and other decision support software.
- Participate in group projects, research and other initiatives as a senior officer with the Environmental Monitoring and Assessment Sciences group.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
1 x Temporary Part-time position available (43 hrs 30 mins per fortnight / 0.6 FTE).
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
- 302864 19 - Role Description (Word, 106KB)