CDM Smith is searching for a highly qualified Lead Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) Specialist for a large and complex integrated water resources management program in Tanzania. The objective of this project is to strengthen integrated water resources management in Tanzania to support productive sectors; and improve water supply service delivery in urban areas.
The Lead Integrated Water Resources Management Specialist will be responsible for assisting with the coordination of all IWRM activities. He/she will also be responsible for developing and maintaining a standard (uniform) project administration, documentation and reporting system across all IWRM projects. This standard system will include functions for storage and retrieval, search and query, work flow and approval tracking and access and version control of all related documents.
- Demonstrated experience managing the development and implementation of large-scale IWRM projects in multiple locations, including the set-up of project administration and document control systems and IT-based project management information systems.
- Master’s Degree in any one of these fields environmental, IWRM or natural resource management, environmental economics, business administration, agriculture, or other related field.
- 15 years of project and contract management experience involving logistically complex IWRM or similar projects.
- Proven team player capable of working with a team of multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural specialists.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Communication skills in Swahili would be advantageous.