State Consultant- WASH in Institutions (WinS)
International Development Agency, Ranchi, Jharkhand
POSITION VACANT: State Consultant- WASH in Institutions (WinS), International Development Agency, Ranchi, Jharkhand
Our client is a respected, International Development Agency (IDA), that works across the globe to promote children's survival, protection and development.
SBM(G) has come with several new programmatic components, the challenges of implementing the sanitation programme have increased manifold. The programme needs an overall effective mechanism that would support in both demand and supply components effectively for making the village ODF so that SBM programmes can be implemented in a coherent manner. A comprehensive mode needs to be adopted to ensure WASH facilities not only for Households but also at institutions such as schools, AWCs and HSCs. The composite WASH programme will now cover not only school but also AWC, Health Centre, Panchayat Bhawan, etc. and is being supported and facilitated by Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan, Drinking Water & Sanitation Department, Department of Panchayati Raj, Rural Development, Integrated Child Development Scheme, Resource Agencies, NGOs and community based organisations. To achieve this, series of capacity building activities have to be completed at different levels. IDA has been requested to provide technical assistance in developing implementation strategies, analyzing results of demonstration and providing assistance in implementation to DWSM and partner NGOs.
The State Consultant- WASH in Institutions will work with the SSA/ SNM/ Health and support the activities related to WASH facility in institutions; maintain database of WASH in schools, AWCs and Health Facilities.
JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The State Consultant- WASH in Institutions shall be responsible for providing technical and programmatic support to Dept. JEPC, Health, ICDS & DWSM to facilitate the implementation of key WASH interventions in institutions. The incumbent will provide technical assistance in SVP, O &M of WINS and in developing district swachtta plans specifically. The Consultant shall also be responsible for developing a framework and support implementation of WASH facilities in different institutions, maintain database for WASH in schools, AWCs and HSCs.
- Support in implementation of Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) program in Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya and Schools and organize district specific trainings in IDA supported districts;
- Develop case studies on MHM related success stories and prepare presentation on same;
- Coordinate with High Priority Districts for capacity building of health facility staff on WASH and organize trainings on WASH in health facilities in allotted districts;
- Undertake monitoring visits to AWCs/ Health Facilities and Schools every month and share findings with concerned district and state level officials for improvement;
- Prepare a booklet on Swachh Vidyalaya Awarded schools in Jharkhand and also prepare a status report of Swachh Vidyalaya Purskar 2019;
- Follow-up on action points based on state level reviews to WASH in schools, AWCs and HSC and provide update to IDA;
- Work closely for Knowledge Management aspects related to WASH in schools and AWCs and support in training as per annual calendar;
- (8 Support training of Child cabinets on WinS in IDA supported districts.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Advanced University degree in Human Resource Development, Social Sciences or related field.
- At least five years work experience in human resources development, rural development, participatory approaches, training & material development, partly in the rural water supply and sanitation sector;
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of the concepts and principles of NBA with particular reference to WASH in schools;
- Experience in working in Jharkhand in the area of water supply, sanitation and hygiene in schools.
Skills and Competencies:
- A good knowledge of prevailing rules and regulations of the Government of Jharkhand and NBA and WASH in schools programme;
- Excellent communication skills in Hindi and English; ability to speak, read and write fluently in both languages;
- Proven excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Good computer skills, at least of MS-Office application software (MS Word, Excel, Power Point).
ESTIMATED TRAVEL: Travel to 3-4 districts for approximately 10-12 days in a month for the achievement of the listed deliverables within state.
NATURE OF ENGAGEMENT:
The SC-WINS-WASH-JH shall be hired on a consultancy contract through Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd. (SAMS), a respected HR Agency.
Remuneration payable to the selected candidate in the form of professional fees shall be attractive and in alignment with market norms.
Applicants are required to provide details of salary history, as well as expected remuneration for the position, in the online application form, comprising:
- Monthly Professional Fees and
- Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) for field travel outside the duty station.
- The above elements shall be a key input into the selection and negotiation process;
- Candidates are expected to have their own laptops and be internet connected and these items shall not be provided.
LOCATION: Ranchi, Jharkhand
DURATION: The successful candidate shall be issued a consultancy contract from the date of joining till December 31, 2019.
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link http://apply.samshrm.com by or before February 22, 2019.