Manager: Environmental Sustainability Programs and Initiatives
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Manager, Environmental Sustainability Programs and Initiatives is responsible for the implementation, management, and continual improvement of all AEG 1EARTH, AEG’s industry-leading environmental sustainability program, as well as other environmental sustainability programs and initiatives. This manager will provide support to and consult with AEG corporate entities and their staff regarding environmental sustainability matters and will ensure that (1) AEG corporate entities and staff are aware of and complying with, to the greatest extent possible, AEG’s environmental programs, initiatives, and policies; and (2) that environmental sustainability best practices and innovations are communicated throughout the AEG organization and to AEG’s stakeholders. This position is responsible for documenting AEG’s environmental policies, procedures, and successes and distributing this content to internal and external audiences using the appropriate channels.
Program Implementation, Management, and Continual Improvement
- Manage AEG’s industry-leading environmental sustainability program, AEG 1EARTH, including AEG’s database of environmental performance data, AEG Ecometrics
- Ensure progress towards AEG’s corporate environmental goals, currently captured in AEG’s 2020 Environmental Goals, and as modified from time to time
- Research, analyze, and develop implementation strategies for reducing the environmental impact of business operations for AEG corporate entities
Serve as point of contact to regarding the AEG 1EARTH program and other AEG environmental sustainability programs and initiatives
Drafting and Distributing Environmental Sustainability-Related Content for Internal and External Audiences Using Appropriate Channels
- AEG Environmental Sustainability Reports: Draft AEG’s major annual environmental sustainability reports – manage all facets of report production and distribution, including quantitative analysis, narrative collection and development, and report aesthetic design
- Internal Web Content for AEG Connect: Draft original content for and maintain the AEG 1EARTH page on AEG Connect – manage all facets of content generation, updating, and removal
- External Web Content and Social Media: Draft original content for and maintain the AEG 1EARTH-related materials at www.aegworldwide.com, social media sites, and web-based platforms utilized by AEG-owned or –managed venues, events, and sports teams participating in the AEG 1EARTH program – manage all facets of content generation, updating, and removal
- Employee Engagement and Education Materials: Draft training, education, and other materials relating to educating AEG employees about environmental sustainability – manage all facets of content generation, distribution, updating, and retirement. Plan and execute employee engagement events and AEG’s participation in major environmental holidays.
- AEG 1EARTH Quarterly Newsletter: Draft and distribute quarterly AEG 1EARTH newsletter to be distributed to AEG internal employees, primarily venue operations management and staff
Ad-Hoc Content: Provide timely and accurate environmental sustainability-related content upon request for projects including but not limited to press releases, AEG RFP applications, community presentations, etc.
Documenting Environmental Policies, Procedures, and Successes
- Document, record, and distribute, as appropriate, content related to environmental sustainability successes achieved within the AEG organization
- Document industry and AEG environmental best practices and procedures and distribute, as appropriate, to internal and external audiences
Consult with management and other internal stakeholders to develop company policies on environmental sustainability issues
Advising, Consulting, and Collaborating with Internal Partners on Environmental Sustainability Matters
- Provide prompt and excellent customer service to internal partners on high-priority environmental sustainability-related projects identified by management
- Serve as AEG’s subject matter expert on environmental sustainability matters, such as industry trends, technological developments, as well as legal, regulatory, and political developments
Identify opportunities for AEG to further minimize the environmental impact of its business operations and to further its position as a leader in environmental sustainability in the sports and entertainment industry by monitoring the activities of corporate partners, government agencies, industry associations, and non-governmental entities/non-profits
Support and Collaborate with Energy and Environment Colleagues on Energy- and Environmental Sustainability-Related Projects, Initiatives, and Events
- Support Analyst, Energy and Environment, on matters relating to the capturing, recording, analyzing, and reporting environmental data (“Ecometrics”) using the Resource Advisor tool and/or similar tools
- Support ad hoc projects, initiatives, and events involving the Energy and Environment team
Manage interns and volunteers as requested by management
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, Environmental Studies, Earth Science, any of the Natural Sciences, Communications, Organizational Development, Sustainable Development, Urban Planning, Engineering, Business, or a related area.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience, some of which must include managing an environmental sustainability program; collecting, verifying, and aggregating organization-wide environmental sustainability metrics; and producing an environmental sustainability report for an organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills: interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation, and conflict resolution
- Excellent analytical skills, including using vendor software programs and Excel to work with large data sets and perform sophisticated quantitative analyses
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to juggle many tasks and to redirect efforts under short notice
- Must demonstrate the ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, direct reports, business partners, peer, project personnel, members of the public, and all levels of management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Demonstrated business acumen and focus on delivering business value through innovative implementation of sustainability concepts
- Requires a high level of ethics and personal integrity; must be able to work with confidential information
- Prior experience in the entertainment and/or sports industries
- Understanding or experience with one or more of the following: waste reduction/diversion, recycling, sustainable purchasing, life cycle assessments, supply chain evaluation, water conservation, energy efficiency, renewable energy, and/or similar environmental sustainability-related topics
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field, such as MBA
- Energy- or sustainability-related training and certification, like LEED, BREEAM, WELL, ISO, etc.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.