Overview of Position:
The WASH Project Officer will provide leadership to the project team and achieve project operational targets, ensuring targets are met timely within approved budgets, facilitate coordination with relevant stakeholders as appropriate. Provide technical backstopping to project staff in logistics, procurement and finance project related issues. Ensure timely flow of management and operational information and reports to the donor and management of in the organization, mainly program manager. Directly supervise WASH team that implements activities like water supply, solid waste management, sanitation and hygiene. Ensure regular performance feedback from team members, foster synergies and information sharing.
Reports to: Programs Coordinator
- Responsible for day-to-day supervision of WASH project activities.
- Directly organize and supervise WASH activities, whilst progressively reporting the projects coordinator, ensuring targets are met timely within approved budgets.
- Ensure the preparation and proper application of detailed implementation work plans in line with the WASH project design and Monitoring & Evaluation plan. Provide the necessary guidance and support to the team to achieve timely and quality implementation of activities.
- Facilitate coordination of WASH projects with all stakeholder mainly donors and WASH cluster.
- Carry out regular review project’s progress and receive feedback from the team and the beneficiaries regarding emerging challenges and gaps in original plans.
- Develop participatory methods with project team to involve all beneficiaries to do regular project review sessions through participatory methodologies involving beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the areas of intervention, with the aim of determining and/or verifying emerging needs, gaps and priorities.
- Compile WASH progress reports from the various activity reports as per established monitoring plans, formats, schedules, and submit to donor in a timely manner.
- Provide technical backstopping to the implementation of the project.
- Directly supervise the WASH team inside Syria.
- Conduct final staff performance review for the employees directly supervised.
- Ensure team motivation and teamwork and promote open communication and feedback channels.Promote adherence to Bahar’s work ethics and best practicies through leading by example.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor or diploma in Civil engineering, or other relevant sectors, with previous experience in implementing WASH projects.
- One year experience in WASH project management.
- English language proficiency: (speaking, writing and reading).
- MS-Office proficiency: Advanced (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Good communication and social skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply by sending their CVS and a cover letter to the following email address:
Candidates need to indicate the Position applied for in the subject line.
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.