Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. JSCF is an associate member of WaterAid International and used the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India. WaterAid‘s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid India’s goal is to “Make Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) poverty history in the country”.
WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India (WAI) focuses on the poorer states in the country to better target India's most vulnerable communities. The head office is in the nation’s capital, New Delhi. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Lucknow. We currently work in 11 states in the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on promoting and securing rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for the poor in particular through direct services and millions more through our influencing work. WAI looking for a suitable candidate to manage programmes on a water access programme in Malwa region of MP and Vidarbha region of Maharashtra.
Contract Duration: 2.5 year (Extendable depending on performance and funding commitment from the donor)
- Monitoring of project progress on project deliverables
- Handholding support to partner and key stakeholders for effective implementation of the project
- Establish and maintain excellent working relations with the concerned government departments in the districts of intervention.
- Monthly budget tracking for the project
- Guide partner for effective utilisation
- Periodic review and verification of MIS data
- Identification of case studies, innovations and best practises and documentation of the same
- Assist programme coordinator in scaling up the learning from the project across districts and the states where the programme is implemented
- Preparation of monthly updates, participate in time bound calls with the donor
- Providing support to the team in organising key events planned under the project
4. Eligibilities and requirements
- Graduation / Post graduation (or equivalent) qualification in one of the following areas: hydrogeology/ social sciences/ civil engineering. Additional qualification in water, sanitation, hygiene education will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in similar organisational/functional context.
- Experience of working on drinking water aspects in communities will be an added advantage
- Experience in coordinating/dialoguing with technical wing of district administration
- Sound understanding of issues pertaining to drinking water in communities
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills, both written and oral, in Marathi/Hindi and English
- Proactive and self-motivated individual capable of engaging persuasively with various stakeholders
- A self-starter, able to work independently
- Ability to travel extensively (approximately 15 days a month)
- Prioritise set and meet deadlines
- To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid's standard application form will be considered.
- Please mention in subject line “Project Officer - Bhopal”.
- Completed applications should be sent to Closing date: 21st Feb 2019
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview.
WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the differently abled are particularly encouraged to apply.