Rural and Urban Water Supply & Sanitation Experts
Sheladia is currently seeking a Rural and Urban Water Supply and Sanitation experts for upcoming projects in Africa and Asia. We are looking for specialist with hands-on experience in developing countries who have worked in planning design, construction supervision, system processes and institutional strengthening of utilities, including financing, operations and maintenance of facilities.
- Post graduate degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- 10 years of experience in rural or urban water supply, including planning, detailed design, and or/construction supervision of water treatment plants, raw water transmission systems, pumping stations, different water sources (surface, ground rainwater harvesting); storage reservoirs and distribution networks; etc. OR
- 10 years of experience in rural or urban sanitation systems, including planning; detailed design, and/or construction supervision of sanitation facilities (rural septic, and urban treated), waste water treatment facilities, urban/town drainage; WASH; etc.
- Experience in use of innovative and advanced technologies such as solar power, waste to power generation, or recycling technologies a plus
- Work experience in externally funded projects internationally a plus-desire to work in developing countries necessary
- Strong analytical capacity along with good report writing ability and communication skills
About the Organization
SHELADIA Associates, Inc. is an award –winning, multi-disciplinary A&E firm with a reputation for excellence in Structures and Facilities, Transportation Infrastructure, Energy, Rural Development, and Water Resources & Sanitation. We provide technical assistance and architectural & engineering services in numerous sectors, including agriculture; architecture; energy; irrigation and water resources; transportation; and water supply, health and education for government agencies, communities, and other stakeholders. We also offer assistance in procurement and sector-wide monitoring & evaluation. Services provided include construction management, architectural and engineering design, planning, feasibility studies, procurement assistance, specifications development, drafting of terms of reference, tendering assistance, contract management, institutional strengthening, training, and capacity building.
SHELADIA has worked in Africa, Asia, and the Americas, successfully implementing projects for US Government Agencies such as USAID, multi-lateral agencies (World Bank, ADB, African Development Bank), host governments, and private sector clients. We are dedicated to crosscutting areas of procurement, monitoring and evaluation, private sector participation, and social development, which have also been a key element of many of our projects in all sectors.
Via: Devex Jobs