The American Water Resources Association (AWRA) is a 54 year old association dedicated to the multidisciplinary approach in the water resources management. AWRA is looking for a results-oriented Program Coordinator to join our team. This position plays a critical role in supporting program functions: membership, meetings, and finance. This position is 2 days a week at the AWRA office (4 West Federal St, Middleburg, VA 20118). Working remote is not an option at this time. Please send resume to .
- Coordinate all correspondence and communication associated with the pre and post conferences activities of 3-4 conferences per year.
- Manage the abstract database to ensure accurate information.
- Assist Executive Vice President in coordinating with the Conference Planning Committee members on the various parts of the conference program (technical field trips, special events, short courses, moderators, etc.).
- Work with the Technical Program Chair/s in setting up the technical program (assigning presenters to sessions, contacting Moderators, etc.) and assist them by preparing lists of the presentations in various formats for their use as needed.
- Contact Presenters who haven’t registered a couple of weeks prior to the Early Bird registration deadline to ascertain whether or not they plan on presenting their paper. If they aren’t then do they have a substitute?
- Coordinate Student Presenter Competition. Communications
- Assist Director of Membership and Marketing with deduping membership recruitment and retention lists.
- Prospect research for membership recruitment from books, magazines, and online.
- Respond to membership information requests and other membership related inquiries.
- Assist Executive Vice President with Board of Director meetings and correspondence.
- Assemble the Leadership Training Manual. Upload changed pages to the Wiki page. Put together and mail out the Manual to new Board members (or see if they would prefer to get it at the Board meeting).
- Manages all exhibitor and sponsorship fulfillment.
- Assist the Executive Vice President, Board of Directors, and association staff Directors as needed.
- Answer phones on the two days in office.
- Prepare and executive mailings
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
- Database Experience (iMIS preferred)
- Proficient in Office
- Meet deadlines and be results-oriented
- Team player
- Close attention to details
- Can handle a fast-paced environment
Details at a glance
- On-site Location
- Part Time Schedule
- 4-Year Degree Required
- Entry level
How To Apply
Send short cover and resume to
4 West Federal Street, Middleburg, VA 20118