Essential Job Functions:
The Department of Geology at the UW-Eau Claire invites applications for a tenure-track position in Hydrogeology. The position is anticipated to be filled at the assistant professor level, but all ranks (including hiring with tenure) will be considered. The appointment will begin on August 21, 2017.
- Teach courses in the Department of Geology. Teaching responsibilities initially will include responsibility for Hydrogeology I and II, introductory geology courses, and a shared responsibility for Water Resources.
- Collaborative research with undergraduate students, advising, and service to the department and the University.
- The successful hire will be responsible for maintaining our vibrant hydrogeology program, which is a critical component of our curriculum and our strong internship program.
- A Ph.D. in hydrogeology or a closely related discipline is required at the time of appointment.
- The department seeks to hire a person to continue to build our strong hydrogeology program and to complement existing strengths.
- Experience with contaminant transport and remediation, geotechnical engineering, ground-water modeling, and/or GIS/CAD will be considered assets.
- Demonstrated success in teaching and collaborative research at the undergraduate level is desirable.
- The ability to enhance diversity and serve as a role model and mentor for women and/or minorities may also be considered an asset.