MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
The responsibilities of the incumbent include but are not limited to:
- Track and document Water Demand Management (WDM) policies, strategies, regulations, guidelines, and codes.
- Co-develop annual action plan with tracking and monitoring the progress of the implementation of WMD programs.
- Assist Miyahuna management in preparing annual reports on activities and recommendations.
- Evaluate Water Use Efficiency Programs conducted under Miyahuna.
- Determine customer categories to be targeted in the Water Use Efficiency (WUE) and Demand Management Programs.
- Provide technical support to the communications unit at Miyahuna in aspects relevant to water demand management.
- Design and evaluate performance indicators relevant to WDM and conduct cost effective analysis.
- On an annual basis, develop plans and relevant budgeting for WUE programs to be implemented in coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Perform demand forecasts and supply requirement calculations in coordination with the Technical and Operational Directorate to support Miyahuna’s plans in meeting future demands for the different categories of customers.
- Lead the efforts to initiate the service of water audits for large consumers and supervise their implementation.
- Supervise the development of water conservation education programs for water users, schools, community organizations, associations, etc.
- Facilitate the linkage between Miyahuna and the WDM Directorate at the Ministry of Water Irrigation.
QUALIFICATIONS: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably in Water or Civil Engineering. Advanced degree in Water Management or Business Administration is a plus.
- Minimum eight years of experience in water management with two plus years in the field of water demand management.
- In depth knowledge and experience in the Jordan water sector.
- Experience working with various stakeholders and multidisciplinary tasks.
Experience in building and leading teams with different organizations.
- Excellent working knowledge of English and Arabic in both written and spoken.
- Managerial experience in water utilities.
- Knowledge in the water sector in Jordan.
- Acquaintance with WDM principles, policies, and strategies implemented in this sector.
- Acquaintance of statistical sampling techniques used in evaluating program effectiveness.
- Mastering general computer programs such as MS word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint
- Acquaintance with the administrative and regulatory roles including regulation and documentation of information, filing procedures, establishment and update of database, drafting of letters, and arrangements of meetings.
- Excellent technical report writing.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to work under pressure and on multidisciplinary activities.
- Project Management skills including planning, risk management, team management, developing project’s activities, monitoring and follow up, and time management.
- Very good knowledge of the National Building Code, Uniform plumbing code and the relevant JSMO standard and regulations.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs to: opportunities@Jordan-WMI.org and state the position title in the subject line.
Applications accepted through February 23, 2019.