JOB TITLE : Chief of Party – Water Innovation Technologies (WIT)
LOCATION : Jordan
ABOUT RI: Relief International (RI) is a home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
SUMMARY: Relief International is seeking potential candidates for the position of Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated multi-year, USAID-funded Water Innovation Technologies (WIT) program for Jordan.
The COP will be responsible for overall management, leadership and administrative oversight of the program and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to USAID implementation issues. Strong candidates will have extensive experience implementing complex USAID programs in similar roles, with excellence in operations and administration of USAID projects in the scale of $25M and above, and possess a solid understanding of Water and Natural Resources Management. The Chief of Party will act as the primary liaison to donors, the Government of Jordan and other project stakeholders. The COP will be based in Amman with travel to project areas throughout Jordan.
· Demonstrated experience with similarly complex USAID projects in the region or in similar environments, involving coordination with multiple programs, and partner institutions.
· Strong coordination, project planning, and communication skills.
· Demonstrated problem-solving and consensus-building skills and ability to promote coordination among diverse interests and institutions.
· Good understanding of procurement processes, procedures and grants management.
· Excellent English written and oral communications skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· University degree required; Masters Degree preferred, in engineering, hydrology, agronomy or related subject.
· At least 15 years of senior-level management experience of projects and programs in Water and Natural Resources Management with at least 5 years of experience in a senior-management position for a USAID-funded project.
· Experience implementing development programs preferably in the Middle East
To apply, please submit a cover letter and a resume or Curriculum Vitae containing the following information:
· Number of years of relevant experience
· Number of years of experience in International Development
· Countries worked in and number of years in:
· Middle East
· Other Regions
· Language proficiency in Speaking, Reading, and Writing. For each language, please state your level of proficiency using the following codes:
· Speaking Proficiency Level
· Reading Proficiency Level
· Writing Proficiency Level
· Level 0-No Proficiency
· Level 1 – Elementary Proficiency
· Level 2 – Limited Working Proficiency
· Level 3 – Professional working proficiency
· Level 4 – Full professional proficiency
· Level 5 – Native or bilingual proficiency
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
· Transparency and Accountability
· Agility and Innovation