The Catchment Hydrology and Spatial Analysis Lab (https://www.hooriajami.ucr.edu/) in the Department of Environmental Sciences at University of California, Riverside, CA invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher position on Integrated Groundwater-Land Surface Modeling. The selected candidate will lead Integrated Groundwater-Land Surface Modeling experiments using the ParFlow.CLM model. The specific objectives of the project are to improve understanding of surface water-groundwater interactions at catchment scale, and assessing the impacts of climate variability and land cover change on groundwater resources. This research position will provide an exceptional professional development opportunity in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment.
The successful candidate should hold a Ph.D. in Hydrology, Civil and Environmental Engineering or a related field with a specialization in physical hydrology or hydrogeology. Candidates must have received a PhD within the past five years from an accredited college or university.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong programming skills in a Unix/Linux environment;
- Experience using ParFlow.CLM;
- Experience with High Performance computing;
- Demonstrated record of high-quality publications;
- Experience working in a collaborative research environment
- Cover letter describing the applicant’s research experiences and interests
- Curriculum vitae
- Names, addresses, email, and phone number for 3 references
How to apply
Applications or informal inquiries can be sent to Dr. Hoori Ajami ( ). The initial appointment will be for one year with the possibility of annual renewal based on performance and the availability of funds.