Project Hearts is a Dominican recognized NGO and is the daughter organization of GRACE Cares, a U.S. based public charity 501(c)3. Our Mission is to develop individual and community awareness and leadership through participatory community projects and activities to better the quality of life in Baitoa. Our foundation is supported by the 3 pillars of health, education, and economic growth around which all community projects and activities are centered.
Project Hearts is seeking a Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Project Coordintor. WASH has always been a big part of our health program, but recently we realized that when surveyed, this was the number one concern of community members and therefore merited even greater attention. Because of the scarcity of water in the area and the overall need for WASH technology (water tanks, filters,) and education, Project Hearts implemented a new WASH devoted project at the beginning of 2016 and we need continued support to continue to make it a success.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, knowledgable, flexibile, and independent.
We offer a living stipend for the first 6 months with the condition that the WASH Coordinator will seek funding for the position from donors or potential grants to support the position beyond the initial 6 months. Lunch is provided on days when working in the office.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide technical oversight and management for all WASH elements of projects
- Lead assessments of WASH infrastructure in households & institutions and draft detailed implementation plans to achieve the program’s WASH objectives
- Develop and implement SOPs and protocols on core WASH activities, and develop specific monitoring tools
- In-conjunction with Community Health Leaders and other Project Hearts staff, conduct WASH training for community members and staff
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to local partners
- Production and submission of project reports, as well as accurate budgets and budget revisions for the program
- Ensure consideration of feasibility, sustainability and exit strategies in programming
- Maintain and contribute to ArcGiS Mapping Project
- Grant Writing and Prospecting
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in related field such as public health, environmental sciences, biology or other
- Demonstrated knowledge of WASH sector
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Intermediate written and spoken Spanish (Preferred)
- Ability to commit to 6 months (1 year ideal)
- Ability to live in rural, developing environment
To start ASAP – start date flexible for the right candidate.