- Air Quality and Greenhouse Gases
- Advanced Systems Analysis
- Evolution and Ecology
- Ecosystem Services and Management
- World Population
- Risk and Resilience
- Transitions to New Technologies
- Arctic Futures
- Tropical Futures
- Challenges and Opportunities of Economic Integration within European and Eurasian Space
- Water Futures and Solutions
Cross Cutting Activities
- Accounting for Social Heterogeneity in IIASA Models
- Systemic Risk and Network Dynamics
- Equitable Governance of Common Goods
Applying for all our postdoctoral fellowships is done through the IIASA online postdoctoral application form, although the topical focus and eligibility varies. In addition to the IIASA funded fellowships, there are other IIASA dedicated postdoctoral fellowships where applications are made directly to the funders. Their descriptions can be found below.
Who can apply
PLEASE NOTE: IIASA does not do lab-type research and as such does not provide any onsite lab-type facilities. Also: The fellowship requires you to be present at IIASA; if you need to stay away from the institute to do your research or expect IIASA to fund field research overseas please do not apply.
Candidates should have their PhD at the time of taking up the appointment and are expected to have a proven record of research accomplishments, and a solid working knowledge of English. The typical period for IIASA-funded postdoctoral support is 12–24 months. Preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of countries where IIASA has a National Member Organization and who have held a doctoral degree for less than 5 years at the application deadline.