The Supervising Scientist Branch requires an experienced and energetic Water Quality Officer to join the Jabiru Field Station team.
The successful applicant will be required to implement and manage the Branch’s surface water monitoring program to ensure protection of the environment from uranium mining activities.
• Undertake environmental water quality monitoring to ensure the protection of the environment surrounding Ranger Uranium Mine.
• Contribute to the development of world’s best practice methods of water quality monitoring for impact assessment.
• Become part of our team of world class researchers and analysts, all while living and working in the world heritage listed Kakadu National Park.
The Supervising Scientist Branch (Department of the Environment and Energy) maintains a research station at Jabiru (NT). Our role is to provide local resources to conduct environmental monitoring, research and communication activities related to the impact of uranium mining on the environment of the Alligator Rivers Region
The Branch collects surface water chemistry data as part of its suite of environmental monitoring programs that together, form a unique environmental impact assessment framework for Ranger uranium mine, located in Kakadu National Park, NT.
We need an experienced and self-motivated water quality specialist to manage the implementation of our continuous monitoring and event based sampling system, ensuring reliable, validated and high quality data for use in the branch’s research projects and for public reassurance reporting.
An attractive salary package is offered that includes:
- base salary ($76,224-$86,545);15.4% employer superannuation contribution;
- 27 days p.a. recreation leave; remote locality assistance ($7,728-$10,942 p.a.);
- accommodation provided with a rental subsidy; outdoor work allowance ($2,721 p.a.);
- and other additional remote support subsidies.
Situated in Kakadu National Park, the town of Jabiru offers a unique lifestyle with facilities that cater for the local mining and tourism industries.