Internship Opportunity (Climate Change and Risk Program)
SIPRI is seeking one individual (Master’s student) to undertake a 10–20 week internship in SIPRI’s Peace and Development Programme with a focus on climate risks during the spring of 2019.
The internship will commence as soon as possible. The intern will support ongoing research by performing the following activities:
- Support SIPRI’s researchers in the work on climate-related security risks and institutional responses, specifically by searching and compiling literature and empirical data.
- Collect and structure information about post-conflict natural resource governance under supervision of SIPRI’s researchers in the Climate Change and Risk team.
- Assist in the organisation of seminars and workshops about climate-related security risks.
SIPRI’s research in the Climate Change and Risk Program focuses on wide range of topics, therefore, there is the potential to explore a range of sub-issues.
An internship at SIPRI provides an opportunity to learn about the institute’s work. As an intern, you will have a supervisor within the research programme. SIPRI does not have a formal programme for interns or special funding for this purpose. As such, SIPRI cannot pay for housing, travel or any other expenses and cannot pay interns a salary. Please, indicate in your application that you are aware that the position is unpaid. The internship is located at SIPRI’s office in Solna, Sweden.
How to apply
To apply, please send the following documents (in PDF):
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae (including the contact details for referees)
- Writing sample (optional; max. 2–4 pages)
Applications should be made by email and be addressed to Dr Florian Krampe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis until the position is filled.
For general information on Internship at SIPRI, please visit www.sipri.org/about/vacancies/internships. For more information about SIPRI’s Climate Change and Risk Program, please contact Dr Florian Krampe, email@example.com.