ABOUT RI: Relief International (RI) is a home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
SUMMARY: Relief International is seeking potential candidates for the position of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated multi-year, USAID-funded Water Innovation Technologies (WIT) program for Jordan.
The DCOP will have experience providing technical support to complex programs in the following technical areas: Water Security and Water Conservation, with a focus on scaling and adoption of Water-Saving Technologies. Experience with Community Participatory Approach including the involvement of government and private sector is an asset.
Strong candidates will have extensive experience implementing complex programs in similar roles and possess a solid understanding of Water and Natural Resources Management. The DCOP will be based in Amman with travel to project areas throughout Jordan.
· Demonstrated experience with complex programs in the Water and Natural Resources Management
· Experience with current up-to-date ideas about effective water-saving practices and technologies, especially in agriculture but not exclusively.
· Commitment to local capacity building and the ability to engage local stakeholders in project design and implementation.
· Experience with Community Participatory Approach, Public-Private Partnerships and Access to Finance are a strength.
· Previous USAID experience is a plus .
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· University degree required; Masters Degree preferred, in engineering, hydrology, agronomy or related subject.
· At least 12 years of experience on projects and programs in Water and Natural Resources Management, with at least 4 years of experience with Water-Saving technologies.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and a resume or Curriculum Vitae containing the following information:
· Number of years of relevant experience
· Number of years of experience in International Development
· Countries worked in and number of years in:
· Middle East
· Other Regions
· Language proficiency in Speaking, Reading, and Writing. For each language, please state your level of proficiency using the following codes:
· Speaking Proficiency Level
· Reading Proficiency Level
· Writing Proficiency Level
· Level 0-No Proficiency
· Level 1 – Elementary Proficiency
· Level 2 – Limited Working Proficiency
· Level 3 – Professional working proficiency
· Level 4 – Full professional proficiency
· Level 5 – Native or bilingual proficiency
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
· Transparency and Accountability
· Agility and Innovation