Water Research Australia
With head office in Adelaide, Water Research Australia Limited (WaterRA) is a national not-for-profit company, established and funded by its members, to undertake collaborative urban and rural water research that has national and local application and delivers value.
WaterRA plays a significant role in the ongoing research of this precious resource and an exciting opportunity has emerged for a dynamic CEO to lead the organisation.
Reporting directly to the Board, key responsibilities of this pivotal position include :-
- providing strong leadership in setting priorities, developing programs and promoting the role of R&D within the Australian water industry and the broader community;
- managing the process of delivering on the R&D strategic plan for the industry;
- fostering strong relationships with industry, research institutions and government;
- ensuring the results of R&D programs are effectively disseminated for uptake by the industry;
- ensuring strong governance standards are maintained and continuously improved;
- leading, motivating, developing, mentoring and managing the dedicated and small team.
The successful candidate will be appropriately qualified and preferably have senior management experience within an organisation servicing diverse stakeholders. Genuine interest and credibility in the water research arena, together with an ability to demonstrate strong evidence of the capacity to collaborate and influence is essential. Other important qualities include strategic thinking, high level negotiation, communication, organisation and commercial analysis.
There is some flexibility in regard to the location of the role for the right candidate.
An attractive executive remuneration package will be offered to secure a proven leader and stakeholder manager.
For a job and person specification, please visit www.hender.com.au
Applications in Word format only should be addressed to Andrew Reed.
Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Andrew, Gill Manser or Justin Hinora on (08) 8100 8827.