Duty Station Malindi, Kericho, Eldoret or Homa Bay
SNV is a non-profit international development organization established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty. We are present on the ground in 38 developing countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Balkans and operate in Agriculture & Food Security, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Our more than 1,000 advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and over 80 per cent are nationals of the countries where we work.
SNV has been engaged by DFID under the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Results Programme (WASH) to reach 2.73 million people with hygiene promotion and support at least 2.084 million people to gain to access to sanitation through the Sustainable Sanitation and Hygiene for All (SSH4A results) programme. The SSH4 Programme aims to improve access to sanitation and hygiene for rural populations in nine (8 in Africa and 1 in Asia) countries of operation. To achieve this, we focus on four key pillars: demand, supply, hygiene promotion and WASH governance covers. In Kenya, SNV is implementing this exciting programme in a total of ten sub counties that are spread in four counties namely Elgeyo Marakwet, Homa Bay, Kericho and Kilifi.
Reporting to the WASH Advisor, the WASH Officer will support field level engagements in the implementation of the programme. He/she will support the WASH Advisor in planning, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating programme interventions in the county. He/she will regularly assess field level programme interventions and report on the same giving recommendations for corrective action. With guidance from the WASH Advisor, the WASH Officer will also facilitate processes at the field level to strengthen programme implementation.
- Support coordination and implementation of programme interventions
- Support in strengthening the capacity of the field level programme partners;
- Support in planning and facilitation of review processes;
- Support in monitoring and reporting on programme interventions.
- Provide technical support for post-triggering, verification, certification and post ODF activities;
- Support strengthening and institutionalization of the county WASH Forums in the targeted counties
- Support sanitation business enterprises in maintaining sales volume with appropriate marketing strategy, product quality, and revenues
- Facilitate behaviour change communication activities through coordination with partners and other stakeholders in the region.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor from time to time
- Degree in environmental health, community development, social sciences or related field;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a WASH field level position;
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills;
- Experience working with local partners, including governmental agencies at county level
2 years with possibility of extension
Desired start date:
How to apply?
Please apply by clicking on the apply button and completing your application in our in-house recruitment system before 23rd September 2016 with position title as reference. Due to expected large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
More information about SNV Country
For more information, please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org