Interns on Environment and Results Reporting (two positions)
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is an UN's global anti-poverty network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. UNDP is on the ground in 177 countries and territories, working with them on their own solutions to global, regional and national development challenges.
The Regional Bureau for Arab States (RBAS), which leads UNDP's work across the Arab Region, is seeking tow interns with interests in working respectively on climate and environmental issues and results reporting and trend analysis. RBAS is promoting inclusive and sustainable development in the Arab State region through our 17 country offices in support of 2030 Agenda and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Areas of focus include support to SDGs monitoring and reporting, conflict prevention, crises and resilience response, governance, innovation, environment and climate change with a strong focus on women and youth and leaving no one behind.
Duties and Responsibilities
Internship on Environment and Climate Change reporting to the Regional Specialist
- Work closely with the Climate Change, DRR, Energy and Environment Team in the Regional Hub in Amman for their day to day support to the country offices in the region
- Undertake research on climate, energy and environmental challenges in the region with a focus on the Maghreb countries
- Produce a report on sub-national actions in Maghreb countries to address climate, energy and environment challenges, looking at current policies to implement the Paris Agreement and the SDGs and the status of UNDP cooperation.
- Other duties as required.
Internship on Results Reporting and Trend Analysis reporting to the Strategic Planning Advisor
- Review country office reporting and identify trends across the region
- Support analysis of the 2019 Voluntary National Review reports for the High-Level Political Forum
- Support roll-out of and reporting on innovative initiatives across the region?
- Other duties as required.
- Creative, out-of-box thinking
- Excellent analytical skills and research capacity
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Network, liaison and collaboration skills
- Experience editing images or preparing graphics for the web and email communications a plus.
Required Skills and Experience
- For the internship on Environment; enrollment in an environment-related field such as environmental economics, development economics, environmental law, business management regarding environment and other relevant areas
- For the intership on Results Reporting enrollment in social science, statistics, planning development, planning or any other field related to international development.
- Fluency in English and French -written and spoken- is required. Proficiency in Arabic is an asset.