The position is to be filled by 1 November 2016 and has an initial contract duration of 12 months. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey.
- Ensure correct and orderly financial planning and handling of the project
- Ensure a timely financial and narrative reporting according to the donor regulations
- Assist in the further programme and project development, including donor acquisition
- Support the recruitment and management of national staff
- Represent Welthungerhilfe and coordinate the project concept with stakeholders such as the UN, the NGO cluster and local decision makers
- Capacity building in the areas of Finance Management, M&E, SPHERE, CHS
- Improve linkages with national organizations / NGOs in close cooperation with the Welthungerhilfe Country Team
- Assist in the implementation of other Welthungerhilfe projects in Turkey
- Close cooperation with the Security Advisor and Welthungerhilfe staff in Gaziantep regarding the security development and necessary project adjustments
As a qualified applicant, you possess:
- A university/university of applied sciences degree in civil engineering, water management or a comparable specialised qualification suitable to the position
- Several years of project and leadership experience in the field of WASH for international (aid) organisations, preferably in the region, as well as very good analytical skills for evaluating the humanitarian and security-related situation
- Good knowledge of SPHERE, CHS and M&E tools
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- Co-operation and team skills
Very good oral and written command of English, command of a regional language is an asset We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Of course, a comprehensive training and regular Rest & Recreation days are also part of our offer.
Please send your cover letter and CV by email stating the reference number “TUR 16216” by 29 September 2016 to Nawid Ketabi ([email protected]).