Manage the development, planning and delivery of social and environmental sustainability public policy and stakeholder engagement initiatives to support LS&Co.’s business and strengthen company’s reputation.
Advance the company’s business interests; preserve and enhance the company’s corporate and brand reputations; strengthen the company’s sustainability agenda; and enhance senior leadership and stakeholder effectiveness.
- Manage implementation of advocacy program on social and environmental public policy issues significant to LS&Co., focusing on the areas of human rights, worker rights, and environmental sustainability.
- Advance the company’s global stakeholder engagement in the areas of social and environmental sustainability.
- Manage social and environmental sustainability crisis and risk mitigation issues to maintain and strengthen company’s reputation.
- Represent LS&Co. with local San Francisco policymakers and build engagement plan with the City of San Francisco and local associations.
- Maintain LS&Co. country assessment database, updating 12-16 reports a year.
- Work closely with business and other functions in Corporate Affairs to ensure consistency of message and advocacy priorities.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in social science. An advanced degree in international relations, public policy and/or international economics preferred.
• Experience: 5-10 years experience in the private sector working on government affairs and public policy initiatives. Demonstrated leader level knowledge, skills, and expertise in the areas of government affairs, public policy, and stakeholder engagement.
• 25-30% travel including international travel.
• Strategy: Create, influence, and translate social and environment sustainability public policy strategies based on insights, research, and data and planning. Clear understanding of external stakeholder engagement strategies. Strong project management knowledge.
• Seasoned Judgment: Develop accurate conclusions based on context, facts, experience, intuition, stakeholder needs. Makes tough and timely decisions.
• Assessment Knowledge: Ability to design and statistically analyze public policy initiatives in the area of social and environmental sustainability.
• Communications: Outstanding written and verbal skills with a strong subject matter expertise in social and environmental sustainability public policy and stakeholder engagement at all of levels of LS&Co. organization and our external organizations. Demonstrated track record in evaluating and providing direction in developing clear, credible, innovative and appropriate communication.
• Stakeholder Engagement: Strong ability to build and strengthen critical relationships with key external stakeholders and with the insights and expertise to know if/when and how to engage.
The Company’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.