CIMA Research Foundation is a non-profit research organization that promotes the study, scientific research, technological development and higher education in engineering and environmental sciences. Actives in the fields of civil protection, risk reduction, climate change impact, public health
and aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems conservation.
CIMA is looking for motivated researchers to strength its Program in the field of “Hydrology and Hydraulics”. The Program includes research and applied-research projects funded by national (Italian) or international organizations and supports the operative activities of different national and
The desired candidates should work in the pursuing of different of the following objectives within the Program:
- Develop hydrological-hydraulic models for flood forecasting and water management;
- Strength the use of satellite data in hydrology for flood and droughts;
- Improve the modelling of snow for hydrological purposes;
- Evaluate the impact of climate change on hydrological cycle;
- Support the operative activities in flood forecasting.
The ideal candidates should have the following characteristics:
- A Ph.D. in Hydrology, Hydraulics or related topics, or analogous experience;
- Experience in hydrological modelling and hydrological data analysis;
- Experience in the use of satellite data;
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, Matlab, R, Fortran);
- Knowledge of GIS instruments and scripting;
- Knowledge of English;
- Willingness to travel abroad.
Further desirable assets could refer to:
- Experience in hydraulic modelling (1D, 2D);
- Experience in droughts analysis;
- Experience in flood forecasting;
- Experience in agricultural hydrology;
- Knowledge of hydrological impacts of climate change;
- Communication skills (spoken, written and presentation); Good record of scientific publications;
- Professional experience in the management and implementation of technical projects;
- Knowledge of French/Spanish/Portuguese;
- Knowledge of the UNIX environment.
- an interesting job in a young interdisciplinary and fast-growing research foundation;
- the opportunity for professional growth and know-how acquisition;
- the opportunity to work in a motivated and enterprising team;
- the opportunity to work in international projects;
- state-of-the-art technical facilities.
Interested candidates should submit their CV to the email (cover letter and reference letters can be submitted too) within 20.02.2019. Specify “Researcher in Hydrology and Hydraulics”.
The candidates, after CV evaluation, will be contacted for an interview. Based on the interview outcomes, a proposal for a position within CIMA will be made to the candidates. The proposed compensation will commensurate with experience: factors such as demonstrated hard and soft skills, level of education, history in the sector, and relevant work experience will all be evaluated.
The target start date is as soon as possible. Any questions can be directed to Dr. Simone Gabellani ( ).