Overall Purpose of the Job: To manage the District’s financial reporting and accounting functions. Responsible for overseeing the District’s compliance with statutory, regulatory, and financial accounting requirements and generally accepted accounting principles. In addition, supervise accounting staff, manage the reports of the District’s financial position and performance, and prepare financial cost analyses and accounting related to the District’s operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage accumulation of all financial data necessary for the accurate and timely reporting of the business results of the District.
- Safeguard the accuracy and integrity of the District’s accounting information.
- Assess ongoing accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvements and implementing new processes as needed.
- Analyze the District’s business processes and collaboratively implement improved business processes throughout the District. Using the District’s accounting systems, balance efficiency and operational improvements with the requirements of governmental accounting for effective oversight of public financial resources.
- Oversee the preparation of the District’s financial statements. This includes the planning and scheduling of the audit and financial report production; assigning audit-related tasks to staff; preparing audit work papers and, ultimately, financial statements. Responsible for coordinating with the District’s auditors and reviewing their work papers and reports.
- Monitor internal controls and propose modifications, additions, or removal of existing internal controls.
- Manage the financial reporting functions within the District. Oversee, coordinate, assign, and review the work performed by staff; provide coaching and prepare development plans; coordinate training. Evaluate staff performance and recommend action for improvement as necessary.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer with the creation of budget documents.
- Serves as a technical resource for financial reporting of the District and develops financial tracking tools and reports.
- Assist with execution of system development charge contract terms.
- Conducts payroll analyses and assists with development of benefit plans and incentive programs and alternative pay plans.
- Assists in executing the District’s investment management program.
- Other related duties as assigned.
For more information, please see attached PDF.