Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech, Inc., is currently seeking an experienced Groundwater Hydrologist to support the Water Programs in areas of groundwater investigation and remediation associated with the Los Alamos Legacy Cleanup Contract (LLCC) at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) National Nuclear Security Administration’s Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL).
The successful candidate will function in a technical role for the LLCC to assist in site management strategies and play a significant role in the investigation and evaluation of potentially contaminated shallow and deep groundwater in the vadose zone and regional aquifer, and development of remediation strategies and plans. Contaminants of concern include both toxic chemical constituents and radionuclides.
GOUNDWATER HYDROLOGIST ACTIVITIES COULD INCLUDE:
- Field investigation scoping
- Development of data quality objectives
- Work plan development
- Supervising aquifer tests interpreting hydrologic data including pump and slug tests
- Geophysical data and core samples
- Performing analyses for determining groundwater flow regimes
- Optimizing remediation scenarios and report preparation
- This position will also provide an important interface with the groundwater modeling team
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Duties include the review and ability to synthesize hydrogeological and environmental data from field investigations and technical reports
- Development of conceptual site models including surface water/vadose zone/groundwater water interactions and contamination
- Support the development of groundwater flow and transport models to support site characterization and environmental site remediation
- Participate in the development and evaluation of remediation alternatives
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- Possess a MS or PhD in hydrology, engineering, hydrogeology, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in conducting groundwater field studies
- Familiarity with common modeling codes including: Goldsim, FEHM, MODFLOW, MT3D, RT3D, and PHT3D
- Experience developing groundwater remediation strategies and plans based on field studies and numerical models
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Possess team leadership potential, technical capabilities, and strong aptitude
- Motivation, initiative, and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of fundamentals of hydrogeology, geochemistry, flow in porous media, contaminant fate and transport in environmental media
- Strong quantitative skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Proficient in mathematical and statistical analysis of groundwater flow and solute transport
OTHER DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with the LANL site, access requirements, general employee requirements, and work environment preferred
- Complies with all health & safety policies and practices
- Complies with all site access and security requirements
- Individual must pass a pre-employment drug screen and accept all company policies.
This position may require a physical fit-for-duty screen as well
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration please submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at www.tetratech.com. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.