Water Resources Lead
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
The Water Resources Lead will join a team of scientists and engineers who are solving complex water-related problems for our clients and communities focused in northern California and the Central Valley. The selected individual will provide senior level technical leadership in the relevant domain, performing technical tasks and will also lead business development with state, local, and private sector clients. It is expected that the selected individual will work on ongoing projects and contracts, and will support business development in future (i.e., a seller-doer role). Business development includes development of relationships with clients across northern California and the Central Valley, to support responses to proposals and prepare grant applications for various state and federal agencies.
- Manage and lead complex water and environmental projects in California, with domain experience in one or more of these areas: water resources, water quality, hydrogeology, environmental modeling, aquatic ecology or related disciplines.
- Contribute to successful business development for new projects by preparing proposals and grant applications for new and existing clients.
- Collaborate with Tetra Tech business units and offices throughout California to identify and target opportunities, then develop effective project capture plans.
- Develop strategic, joint venture partnerships for major water resource projects, and leverage client relationships as a resource to identify prospective partnerships.
- Assess state and local emerging policy/plans/programs, and apply this knowledge to anticipate the scope and timing of major grants, RFPs, and SOQs opportunities.
- Mentor and train professional/technical staff.
- BS degree in environmental/civil engineering, geology, or hydrogeology is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Depending on discipline, professional registration, i.e. Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG) or Certified Engineering Geologist (CEG) in California is preferred.
- 15 years of professional consulting experience is required.
- Experience evaluating market competitors, assessing client requirements, and developing strategy to successfully secure awards.
- Track record in identifying opportunities and developing strategies to win targeted business development pursuits.
- Familiar with environmental management and permitting needs for major water resources projects.
- Familiar with existing federal and state regulatory requirements for water resources projects, including recent developments as a result of the implementation of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary projects and to work with teams of engineers/scientists.
- Ability to manage and mentor junior staff and to develop new business for team.
- Excellent writing and communication skills required.
- Must be computer literate and be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and environmental software in relevant domains. GIS experience is a plus.
Tetra Tech only accepts resumes through its online process. Please apply at www.tetratech.com/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including, women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
No agencies or calls please.