SLR has a busy, well established hydrology, drainage and flood management team distributed widely throughout its UK office network. Due to ongoing success and a busy forward order book, it is looking to expand its team with the appointment of an engineering hydrologist / water resources engineer at Project grade, located in our Stirling or Edinburgh office.
This position presents an outstanding opportunity to join a large team of engineers, hydrologists, flood management and drainage specialists and be part of SLR’s Water Environment group which also comprises hydrogeologists, geomorphologists and geochemists. The successful candidate would also have the opportunity to work closely alongside our Civil Engineering Teams. SLR is a truly multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including, BUPA health cover, death-in-service cover and pension.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working under the guidance of more senior members of the team, the successful candidate will be required to prepare, organise and undertake a range of holistic water resource studies which would include flood management and modelling, drainage designs, engineering hydrology and flood risk assessments. Ideally candidates will have experience or exposure to fluvial hydraulic modelling or Sustainable Drainage (SuDS) designs.
This role will involve undertaking projects and site investigations across other UK locations and also internationally for large scale mining projects and therefore may include infrequent periods working away of up to 5 days at a time.
Duties may involve:
• Hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and numerical modelling;
• Drainage and flood risk studies;
• Preparing SPP, TAN15 and NPPF compliant flood risk assessments;
• Carrying out Drainage Impact Assessments;
• Preparing outline SuDS concept designs to support planning applications;
• Preparing detailed drainage designs to discharge planning conditions;
• Water balance modelling and water resource assessments for mining projects;
• Preparing technical reports and hydrology Environment Statement chapters.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates shoudl be able to demonstrate:
• Engineering/science degree level qualification (or higher);
• Experience/knowledge of SuDs, flood risk assessments and water resource studies;
• Knowledge of relevant technical and regulatory guidance;
• Confidence for lone working on sites and working in remote locations;
• Excellent numerical, written, organisational and communication skills; and
• Full driving licence.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.