Internship (Sustainable investments)
PGGM Private Equity is a leading global private equity investor with around €12 billion under management. It has a mandate to invest globally in private equity funds, secondaries and co-investments. On a yearly basis, the team invests around €2.5 billion.
The Private Equity team consists of 24 FTEs with backgrounds in private equity, investment banking and consulting. The team will continue to grow over the next years. In 2019 a new initiative is launched to invest in private equity funds and co-investments with a focus on the sustainability themes of PFZW: Healthcare, Water, Food and Climate.
A dedicated team is formed to work specifically on investments in the sustainability themes. As an intern, you will be actively working with this dedicated team within the PGGM Private Equity team, based at PGGM's headquarters in Zeist, the Netherlands. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, both in the context of market analysis and deal execution. Main tasks include:
- Market analysis: Assist the team in finding suitable investments that fit with the sustainability themes, this involves analysis of the private equity fund universe, specific investment themes and potential investments;
- Investment analysis: Support the team in the due diligence process for new investments, including review of the process documentation, performance analysis, benchmark analysis and preparation of investment proposals.
For internship positions, we are looking for best in class team members that are in the process to obtain an academic degree (MSc or equivalent), preferably in Economics, Econometrics, Engineering, Finance, Business, or Math. Internship positions are open to students both in the bachelor and in the master phase of their studies. Most important competencies include:
- Distinctive academic results combined with extra-curricular successes;
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Solid work ethic and motivation level;
- Strong team player;
- Fluency in English both verbally and in writing is prerequisite;
- Registered at a Dutch university during the internship and/or have an EU-citizenship.
- The opportunity to work in a highly dynamic and international working environment at an influential asset manager;
- Obtain relevant working experience by actively supporting the team both on research and execution of transactions of sustainable investments within private equity ;
- 3-6 month full-time internship;
- An internship allowance.
Applications should include your CV, cover letter and transcripts of university and pre-university grades. In the Netherlands it is legally required to be enrolled at a University during your whole internship period.
If you have any questions, please contact Tim van der Weert, Campus Recruiter (030 - 277 2151 / 06-23627657 or email@example.com)