Research Assistant (SDGs Program)
Join SEI Latin America and be part of the growth of this dynamic region. For many years, SEI employees from around the world have managed project engagements in Latin America working in thematic areas as diverse as air quality, environmental governance, trade in agricultural commodities, energy systems, and water management and sanitation. In 2018, SEI established a permanent base in Latin America by opening an office in Bogota, Colombia. We are now looking to build a team of talented and committed environmental and development professionals to contribute to the growth of this new centre, the region and society.
SEI Latin America is recruiting a highly motivated early-career colleague (Research Associate) who is committed to conducting quantitative research to support the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Latin American countries. The Research Associate will work under the leadership of the SEI Latin America SDGs program manager.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to SEI’s current portfolio of research projects, for example; reviewing literature, carrying out interviews and other socio-environmental data collection, data analysis and reporting
- Support the development of scientific research, models and tools related to topics covered by the SDGs
- Support the development and application of user-friendly tools and activities for stakeholder’s engagement, capacity building and decision making for SDG implementation, including organizing workshops and dialogues
- Support the preparation of reports, scientific publications, guides and manuals and presentations, among others.
Who you are
To succeed in this role, you are organized, collaborative, solution oriented, proactive and have excellent communications skills in both Spanish and English. You have the ability to work independently and are good at meeting dates and deadlines. You should be able to, on occasion, work on the field (inside and outside of the country).
Qualifications and experience
- B.Sc. in engineering, statistics, environmental- or earth sciences, with 1-3 years of work experience, or hold a relevant M.Sc. with no professional experience
- Experience in quantitative research. Experience related to statistics, data and development is a plus
- Familiarity with conducting desk research and navigating academic sources and online databases
- Knowledge of network analysis software (e.g. Netdraw, Pajek and Gephi)
- Excellent writing and communication skills in Spanish and English
- Knowledge of socio-environmental conditions in Latin America is desired.
How to apply
We are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis so please submit your application as soon as possible, however no later than 8 February 2019 23:59 Colombia standard time.
As we only accept applications through our recruitment system, please apply online using the button below and include:
- Cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience
- Curriculum vitae.