Technical Consultant Water Management
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is a non-profit, scientific research organization focusing on the sustainable use of water and land resources in developing countries. IWMI works in partnership with governments, civil society and the private sector to develop scalable agricultural water management solutions that have a real impact on poverty reduction, food security and ecosystem health. Headquartered in Colombo, Sri Lanka, with regional offices across Asia and Africa, IWMI is a CGIAR Research Center and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Water, Land and Ecosystems (WLE).
IWMI leads and contributes to a number of projects in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. The consultant will be supporting two of these projects:
- 85% of the time will be allocated to “ReWaterMENA: more and safer water reuse in Middle East and North Africa” funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida). This includes the facilitation role for the project national and local component; and
- 15% of the time will be allocated to “Water Productivity: capacity development of stakeholders on ICT solutions to increase water productivity sustainably”.
Duties and responsibilities
For the ReWaterMENA project:
In the framework of the ReWaterMENA project, the consultant will support the project Output 1 (MENA water reuse sourcebook), Output 2 (Local water reuse plans) and Output 3 (National water reuse policies) for Lebanon.
For the Water Productivity project:
In the framework of the Water Productivity project, and under the supervision of the Head of MENA Region office, the consultant will support the project Output 2 (Stocktaking of ICT and AWM solutions, and capacity development for selected technologies) and Output 3 (Design, piloting and evaluation of solutions for increasing water productivity) for Lebanon.
For the detailed Terms of Reference, view:
Position and duty station
The consultant will be based in Lebanon. This is a full-time consultancy position.
Initially 11 months with potential for extension.
This is a nationally recruited position and only citizens of Lebanon are eligible to apply. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, including details of previous experience, together with a cover letter and the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees.
- MSc’s degree in agriculture, water and/or wastewater management.
- A PhD in similar disciplines will be an asset
Experience and knowledge
- At least 5 years of professional experience in water management in Lebanon
- A good knowledge of stakeholder processes, facilitation and stakeholder engagement methods
- Demonstrated knowledge on the water governance structure in Lebanon and roles and responsibilities of different institutions with water management mandates
- Fluent in Arabic and French and advanced skills in English language writing and editing
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Excellent oral communication skills, including presentation using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and knowledge on GIS
- Excellent interpersonal skills.