Program Manager (MLE)
Location: Dhaka (with occasional travel to Khulna)
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is an international development consultancy, with offices throughout South Asia as well as in Washington, DC. Founded in 2010, we have been expanding rapidly and are listed as an FT 1000 High-Growth Company in Asia Pacific. Our current work spans across Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
Athena Infonomics has been commissioned a 3-year multi-country monitoring and learning program for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, with a focus on urban Fecal Sludge Management (FSM). Learn more.
The city manager will play a critical role in strategy design and implementation for the Khulna arm of the project, from coordinating with the project central secretariat, planning city activities, collecting data, preparing reports and deliverables, to managing stakeholder workshops and training sessions. Stakeholder engagement will be a central part of the job. This is a one year contract with possibility of extension.
- Understand all project work completed in Khulna to date, including the mapping of key stakeholders, data sets, shortlisted indicators of interest, quality and availability of data, etc. and transition existing work into the next phase.
- Develop a city data plan to collect data for identified indicators and to address data gaps.
- Assist the city in implementing the data plan.
- Facilitate the development of new research initiatives:
- Map the action research requirements for Khulna.
- Support in drawing up TORs and work plans for research requirements.
- Engage with local partners and oversee implementation of new research initiatives
- Work closely with the city in providing documentation support for their ongoing work.
- Map use case motivations, iterate on the interface design and support with the pilot testing of the MLE platform prototype.
- On-board the city and train all the key stakeholders on the features of the MLE platform.
- Work closely with the city and the evidence teams to shape the evidence module.
- Work closely with city stakeholders to apply the evidence module in decision-making.
- Facilitate and lead the internal workshops on M&E protocols and tools for the city.
- Generate monthly/quarterly benchmarking and analytical reports and drive data-based decision-making in the city.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in economics, development, engineering or related fields from a top-tier graduate school.
- At least 3 years of experience in program management.
- Prior work experience in the sanitation sector strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of M&E concepts.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Logical thinking and strong analytical abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Bengali. Must be able to express ideas effectively in a clear and concise manner both in interpersonal communication and in written reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial attitude to handle challenging tasks, deal with ambiguity and shoulder responsibility.
- Must have valid work authorization to work in Bangladesh.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a statement of purpose, and a writing sample along with the following information to email@example.com.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.