Program Data Coordinator
Splash is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” Small, young and growing, Splash is in a unique position to be groundbreaking in the global health and “WASH” sectors, able to try new approaches to address the needs of urban kids. In ten years, we have brought and continue to ensure safe drinking water to over 400,000 children in cities around the world.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People - People first. People second. People third.
- Quality - Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty - No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy - Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes - Make them, don’t repeat them.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Program Data Coordinator will be responsible for the program-related content of Splash’s Salesforce database. This role will work closely with country-specific team members to ensure implementation data is entered accurately, on time, and is accessible for reporting. This role will perform quality control and data hygiene tasks, coordinate documentation, training and follow-up with team members involved in conducting, supervising and recording activities. The Program Data Coordinator will also be responsible for implementation data reporting needs across all country offices for both internal and external use. This role will work closely with Programs and Operations team members to ensure the database is customized to record current and future implementation activities across all scopes of work.
The Program Data Coordinator has an exceptional level of attention to detail complemented by thorough, superb communication skills. S/he enjoys hands-on data maintenance as well as coordinating work and implementing processes with multiple stakeholders. S/he has a real passion for translating diverse activities into categorized operational definitions in order to collect information that will be used to help guide decisions and actions. S/he is excited by opportunities to use technology to optimize processes and ensure data quality, and understands the balance between field-driven solutions and scalable processes and tools.
- Conduct quality assurance, review, and data validation of program-related content in Salesforce database, including identifying the source of data quality issues, assessing root causes, and proposing improvements to operational definitions and data entry processes and procedures as needed
- Update historical records to reflect changes to standards and definitions including review, entry, and manipulation of data, documents, and photos
- Propose changes to customize Salesforce database as needed to meet programmatic requirements, in collaboration with programs technical leads and technology team
- Create and update reference materials and conduct training and refreshers related to system changes, reporting functionality, and operational definitions
- Craft and execute plans to enter or update historical information as needed
- Provide training and technical assistance to field-based staff and ongoing supervision of data quality review and reporting work
- Support internal and external reporting related to donor communications, grant deliverables, government partners, and others
- Identify and understand gaps in data, work with Programs team members to address missing or inaccurate information
- Provide recommendations and support for data quality assurance, data presentation, and results reporting
- Perform other tasks as needed in support of organizational programmatic goals
Andrea Hatch. Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation Manager
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Annual salary for this position will be established at time of hire, and will be reviewed at least annually. Splash provides a variety of benefits including paid time off, healthcare, and 401K.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Bachelors degree in related discipline or Associates degree with equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of work experience, two of which should be in a role requiring data management
- Basic understanding of databases, data structure, and content management; Salesforce experience strongly preferred
- Experience coordinating activities with multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience mentoring and training staff, work with international or remote staff preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally to developing countries
DESIRED ATTRIBUTES INCLUDE
- You demonstrate excellent organizational skills, self-motivation, flexibility, and the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment
- You are passionate about data accuracy, are results-oriented, and place a high value on the quality of your work
- You have a keen intellectual curiosity and ability to create meaning out of data
- You have strong communication skills and ability to connect with people of various levels in an organization
- You exhibit cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with remote team members using e-mail, Skype, and other such methods
- You are motivated by Splash’s mission and goals