Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Coordinator
General description of the position
As Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Coordinator, you will have to coordinate and supervise ACF WASH programs in Afghanistan, by ensuring the quality of implementation and strategy. You will be also in charge of reinforce the capacities of the Wash Deputy Coordinator to become the Wash Coordinator. And ensure the handover of the Wash Department.
- Design, develop and evaluate actions in the field of WASH
- Monitor and coordinate programmes in the field of WASH
- Develop and launch programmes in collaboration with governmental and local agencies
- Represent Action Contre la Faim and its positioning in the field of WASH
- Manage the WASH team in capital, be the technical and support manager of the WASH Program Managers, and ensure the capacity building of WASH team
- Reinforce capacity of the deputy HoD and ensure the handover of Wash department
Do you fit the requested profile ?
- You hold a Master Degree WASH-related technical training with a solid experience of 4 years minimum in WASH activities and coordination in humanitarian context. (With minimum 2 years of experience in emergency context)
- You demonstrate the ability to provide professional technical advice in a broad range of WASH technical areas.
- You have an experience in Project management and remote management.
- You have an excellent interpersonal, organizational, multitasking, team player and communication skills.
- You speak and write English fluently.
Specific conditions / Salary
Gross monthly salary ranging from €1805 to €2305 depending on relevant experience
- Country allowance
- Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective or individual accommodation, medical insurance
- 25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per year
ACF has been operating in Afghanistan since 1979, with a strong focus on emergency response to human-made and natural disasters, targeting primarily refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, and flood/drought affected populations. Over the years, ACF has expanded the focus of its’ intervention from short-term, more emergency to longer term projects aimed at addressing chronic vulnerabilities of the communities and strengthening their capacity to prepare to, and cope with disasters. Sector-wise, ACF has established itself over the past 25 years as a prominent Nutrition and WASH actor, with recognized expertise in these two sectors and active membership to sectorial Clusters. The WASH Head of Department is an integral member of this group and has the unique opportunity to influence the WASH sector at the national policy level.
As per its mandate and global strategy, ACF has been working extensively in the field of nutrition, through integrated programs aimed at reducing under-5 morbidity and mortality. As of now, ACF is operating in 4 provinces in Afghanistan through integrated Nutrition, FSL and WASH interventions to support the most vulnerable groups... In complement to implementation of programs, ACF has recently engaged in advocacy with the aim of improving nutrition service delivery in Afghanistan. All these exciting works are done by a highly motivated team of over 300 national staff and 15 expatriates.