Afghanistan nationals: WASH Assistant
Purpose of the Job:
The main purpose of this position is to work closely with communities to promote good Hygiene practices at community and school level and to reduce the risk of communicable diseases related to water and sanitation by promoting good hygiene practice in communities and conducting hygiene awareness sessions and capacity building of communities on good hygiene practices.
Note: For more details about the position, kindly refer to the job description attached at the bottom
- Generic responsibilities:
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the WASH portfolio. according to plan of action
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
- Specific responsibilities:
- Responsible to carry out assessment of WASH intervention particularly hygiene condition.
- Work under the direct supervision of WASH officer to conduct hygiene promotion trainings, awareness sessions and community mobilizations.
- Actively Participate in conduction of KAP1 and KAP2 surveys.
- Monitor the WASH activities and the impact of the sensitizing sessions by KAP-1 and KAP-2 surveys.
- Organize and deliver the hygiene promotion sessions for target populations (Community and School).
- Develop hygiene training materials and prepare methodology and agenda for the implementation in hygiene awareness sessions.
- Contribute to implement Cleaning campaigns (including community mobilization, community sessions, house-to-house visits,) from planning, to implementation and monitoring.
- Monitor proper hygiene practice among beneficiary and motivate them if required.
- Distribute the hygiene kits to the targeted beneficiaries and keeping documents of distribution.
- Carry out children hygiene promotion activities in schools.
- Assist the WASH officer on supervision of water and sanitation construction activities.
- Produce reports regularly as per the project requirement.
- Contribute to any other HP activity implementation.
- Any other related tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- 2 years’ experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and ideally a relevant vocational qualification.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
- Education: Bachelor Degree Civil Engineering/ medical nursing Institute.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting rapid emergency assessments in projects.
- Experience in working in insecure/conflict environments.
- Manage time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able to work to deadlines.
- Good cultural, social, political and security knowledge of the area.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with strong experience.
- Working knowledge of English language
- Computer skills.
- A sense of humour.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- Work confidently within a group.
- Education title: Bachelor Degree Civil Engineering/ medical nursing Institute.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected