U.S. citizens: Water Conservation Specialist
WE ARE TEAM GILBERT:
The Town of Gilbert is Arizona's 5th largest city and one of Money Magazine's Best Places to Live in the U.S., and the people who serve it are proud to be tasked with ensuring it stays that way. This is why we were recently named one of Arizona's 2017 Most Admired Companies to work for by AZ Business Magazine.
Team Gilbert is a high-performing, collaborative team of innovators who do important work that makes our community better every day. If you have the heart of a public servant and the spirit of an entrepreneur...please read on!
WE ARE SEEKING:
With every job we fill, our focus is on providing best in class service to our citizens while offering the opportunity for professional growth in a rewarding and innovative work environment. Team Gilbert has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional to fill the position of Water Conservation Specialist.
The Water Conservation Specialist reports to the Water Resources Conservation Coordinator. The primary function of this position is to communicate with and educate the public on where water comes from, the importance of water conservation, and tangible actions to save water. This position also works to identify causes of high water consumption and customizing solutions to water use through notification to customers, researching water use history, measuring landscapes and calculating water needs, scheduling water efficiency checkups and appointments, and tracking and analyzing water usage to monitor the effectiveness of various strategies. The Water Conservation Specialist also maintains Gilbert's compliance with the Arizona Department of Water Resources.
You are someone who effectively exceeds customer needs by building productive relationships, and taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty. You actively participate as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals and produce quality outcomes. You are committed to our safety philosophy, and you take great pride in proactively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently while accomplishing objectives and achieving goals beyond what is required.
At Team Gilbert, we hire innovative, forward thinking problem-solvers who love what they do! In addition to possessing the ability to live out our core and functional values daily, candidates must possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Sustainability, Public Administration, Landscape Architecture, Horticulture, or related field;
- 2 years of experience implementing public programs in water or environmental conservation, life sciences, or water resources while providing information and technical assistance, public speaking, research, analysis and reports on water conservation, and conducting surveys;
- 1 year of experience conducting facility water audits or outdoor irrigation audits;
- Working knowledge of Arizona's water resources and policies governing use;
- Knowledge of urban landscape irrigation principles, methods, and water efficiency technology;
- Collaborative approach toward working with others and diplomatic in building relationships with customers, stakeholders, and outside organizations;
- Skilled communicator (verbally, listening, writing);
- Comfortable using social media and familiarity writing blogs;
- Eagerness and ability to adapt, seek innovation, and improve processes as needed;
- Valid Arizona Driver's License is a must.
In addition to a competitive salary, Gilbert offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, participation and company match in the Arizona State Retirement System and more. For more information on Team Gilbert and all we have to offer, click here.
Up For The Challenge?
Make an income while making an impact! If you are looking for an opportunity to make a visible contribution to our community, and get excited about doing interesting work that matters, then we encourage you to apply today.
To complete and submit an on-line employment application for this position visit https://gilbertaz.gov/jobs. Incomplete applications may be rejected so please be thorough. Your resume may be included as a supplement to your application, but it cannot replace any information required for the application.
This position is an At-Will position and is FLSA Exempt – ineligible for overtime compensation.