Who we are…….
Etta Projects works in rural Eastern Bolivia, the poorest country in South America and our current service area. The majority of families that we work with live without adequate water, sanitation and access to health care. We are establishing partnerships and implementing programs to change this! Through our work over 71,000 Bolivians have benefited from improved health and nutrition, water, sanitation and education.
The Executive Director will work out of our Tacoma, Washington office and in close collaboration with our partners and families in Bolivia; the Director of Operations; Board of Directors; and stakeholders in the United States. This role will report to the Board of Directors and supervise the Bookkeeper.
Who you are……
Are you a non-profit executive leader with the experience, tenacity and passion to drive impact in an evolving and dynamic environment? We are seeking a savvy, motivated and low ego Executive Director who enjoys working to solve problems and deliver results. Honesty, integrity and fulfillment of commitments are the cornerstone of our organization and it must be a top priority for you, too.
About this role…..
Leadership & Management:
- Lead implementation of the strategic goals, mission and vision of the organization.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Manage the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission.
- Actively engage and energize Etta Projects volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both international development as well as for ongoing local operations.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Oversee overall organizational financial management including, planning, systems and controls.
- Direct all aspects of the annual budgeting process to include planning, preparation and implementation.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Develop long-range forecasts supervising bookkeeping and accounting.
- Monitor fundraising and accounting systems and procedures following GAAP principles.
- Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing issues related to risk and contract obligations.
- Oversee organizational insurance policies.
- Expand revenue generating activities to support existing program operations and future expansion.
- Foster and build external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Write grant proposals, letters of inquiry and summary reports of programs and projects.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Professional experience with diverse marketing strategies.
- Publish and communicate program results with an emphasis on the impact of programs.
- Enhance Etta Projects image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional civic and private organizations.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Etta Projects mission, have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Advanced degree in business administration, non-profit management or related degree with 5 years of senior management experience or 10 years’ senior management or professional experience and training commensurate.
- Demonstrated track record of leading quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Experience working and communicating effectively with diverse groups of people, ideally including international non-governmental organizations and communities.
- Expert fundraising experience and public relations, and with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Knowledge, skill and experience with complex financial management and creating and managing an annual organizational budget.
- Proven experience developing and leading high performance teams.
- Past experience working with and taking direction from a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Spanish fluency highly desirable.
How to apply……
If you are excited by our mission of ensuring that all communities are safe and healthy please read the full job scope and if it looks like a good match for your background you can apply directly by sending your cover letter and resume to:
Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Etta projects does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.