The Program Manager is responsible for leading, managing and evaluating WELL’s educational programming, including annual conferences, regional workshops and WELL UnTapped. The Program Manager is responsible for the engagement and recruitment of elected officials to WELL events. This includes leading all outreach strategy, event tracking and coordination of event details. In addition to recurring events, the PM is also responsible for directing research on water policy and relevant issues involved in the educational programming of WELL events. The PM will also be involved in the design and planning of event content and fellowship curriculum. As such, the selected candidate must have a complete understanding of WELL’s mission, goals, target groups and approaches.
Staff supervision: The Program Manager will recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate all program staff. The PM will lead a team of Program staff to implement all WELL educational programs.
Beyond ensuring the success of WELL’s programs, the PM candidate will:
❖ Lead and direct all Communications between WELL’s Executive Director, Advisory Board, Contractors, and database of WELL members and strategic partners
❖ Maintenance of electronic database of WELL constituents, allies and members
❖ Writing/ editing/ and overseeing external communications such as newsletters, social media, brochures, one-pagers, flyers and reports.
❖ Direct solicitation with WELL funders
❖ Work successfully with our Strategic Partners: NALEO, Contract Cities and League of Cities
❖ Liaison to fiscal sponsor, Community Partners
The ideal Program Manager will have excellent verbal & written communication skills with good research practices and a keen attention to detail. The candidate must possess the ability to prioritize projects and have strong problem solving skills. Finally, the ideal Program Manager will have good customer service skills with a professional demeanor, be able to work independently and multi-task.
- Bachelor Degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in related field desired
- Strong computer aptitude and high level of proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office software, NationBuilder, QuickBooks and Asana experience a plus
- Preferred qualifications include experience working with diverse communities, particularly Latino Communities and other underserved populations
- Knowledge of working with regional & local public agencies, government jurisdictions and elected officials/decision makers
- Understanding of environmental justice, climate justice, land use issues and racial equity issues a plus
- Willing to travel within and out of California
- Based on experience, plus a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision.
How to Apply
- Application deadline of March 1, 2019
- Submit resume, statement of interest and 1-page writing sample in a PDF electronically to Ryanna Fossum email@example.com (No phone calls please)
- For more information about WELL, visit www.latinosforwater.org
WELL is committed to diversity and inclusion in our staff, our work environment, and the change we want to see in our society. We value an inclusive and diverse staff with a wide range of life experiences because we recognize that we are stronger when our organization and work benefit from the innovative contributions, creative solutions, practical know-how, and community insights brought by people of different backgrounds. Diversity of experience, ideas, and viewpoints is a priority. Prospective candidates with varied education levels, skills, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of different nationalities, genders, and LBTQIA individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.