Junior Consultant WASH intern
Sevea’s WASH department is seeking an undergraduate/graduate engineering student to help with the researches on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) conducted within the company and to support the WASH Project Manager on the client’s missions.
Sevea WASH team is leading missions in Vietnam, Madagascar, Cambodia but further opportunities in other countries are about to be launched.
The junior consultant will assist the WASH Project Manager to develop the WASH department within Sevea and work on water, sanitation and hygiene projects. 60% of his/her time will consist on supporting the WASH team on the missions while 40% should be dedicated to carry out researches and improve the company’s knowledge management process.
Studies and Consulting (60%)
The junior consultant will support the Head of Department on the ongoing and future client’s missions:
- Assist with the reports, sectoral studies, market assessment and project evaluations
- Assist with cleaning and analysing data including synthesising large datasets
- Design quantitative surveys and qualitative questionnaires
- Help with the proposals and funding opportunities
- Support the team on administrative tasks related or linked to Sevea’s missions; and
- Support the team on field missions (different provinces of Cambodia) when required.
Research and knowledge capitalisation (40%)
The junior consultant will be supporting water and sanitation-related researches for the WASH department. He/She will deepen the current knowledge of the department on the existing technologies, latest policies, investment capacities, technical requirements, water treatment technologies, behavior regarding sanitation and the private sector intervention in South East Asia.
- assist in the design and preparation of sectoral databases, fact sheets and stakeholder’s mapping
- plan meetings with researchers and relevant stakeholders
- carry out a substantial literature review on the sector
- prepare weekly briefs on South East Asia latest news in WASH
- support the team on internal training and knowledge management tools; and
- undertake other specific duties and tasks as assigned by the Head of Department.
Based on the intern’s background and his/her interest on specific topics, time allocated to additional research or missions is considered.
Objectives of the internship
Sevea Consulting Company is committed to foster the knowledge and professional skills of the interns joining us. Under the supervision of the Head of the WASH Department, the intern will discover the work of a consultant and be challenged in his/her production and critical-thinking mindset. He/She will be able to discover a new culture and be involved with our partners.
Quality and skills required
The ideal applicant will bring undergraduate/graduate training (minimum Bachelor degree level) in a field related to water, sanitation and environmental engineering, water resources management, water and sanitation systems, environmental sciences, environmental and occupational health.
Profiles with the following competencies will be advantaged:
- Background in water and sanitation projects, knowledge in health and other topics covered by Sevea Consulting (renewable energy, agriculture, finance…)
- Interest in water, sanitation, socio-economic development, rural development and entrepreneurship
- Fluent in English (native English-speakers preferred), excellent oral and written expression
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organisational skills
- Hardworking, polyvalent, curious, flexible and ready to live a professional challenge in Cambodia
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel); and
- Proficiency in GIS software package is an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, a cover letter and a brief writing sample in English following this application form: