Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest independent news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Around 2,500 journalists in over 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage with speed, impartiality and insight to financial professionals, to the world’s media organizations, and directly to consumers on Reuters.com and Reuters TV. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
Reuters is looking for a top-flight reporter to cover the intersection of climate science, business and policy. The ideal candidate is someone who can both break news and shape important enterprise stories in this critical sphere.
- A demonstrated understanding of and experience in business journalism
- An understanding of climate change policies
- An understanding of the way companies and governments are dealing with climate change and its effects
- A proven ability to write with clarity and impact
- A proven ability to explain complex issues and policies to a broad audience and to analyse global trends
- A track record of working cooperatively with others on the same and adjacent beats
- Eagerness to tell stories in new and innovative ways that include close collaboration with video, graphics and photo journalists
- Languages additional to English an asset
- Data skills an advantage