The Stakeholder Engagement Manager shall facilitate and manage stakeholder engagement activities, including organizing and running logistics for project-related events and project steering committee meetings. The Stakeholder Engagement Manager shall use a broad network on the ground, which will be enable the team to effectively coordinate with key stakeholders across different sectors and organizations.
Based in Seoul, The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as “green growth”, which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
GGGI supports stakeholders through complementary and integrated work streams – Green Growth Planning & Implementation and Knowledge Solutions – that deliver comprehensive products designed to assist in developing, financing, and mainstreaming green growth in national economic development plans.
In response to the request from the Government of Thailand for support, GGGI Thailand Country Program will support the Government in implementing its climate change Master Plan 2013-2050 and its commitment by developing the country’s NDC Action Plan. Building on the successful work in 2015-16, which focused on working with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment to develop a practical and implementable Industry GHG Roadmap for industrial sectors, GGGI will continue to support the Government to achieve its NDC targets by developing bankable projects, developing the risk sharing facility for energy efficient projects, providing capacity development on NDC, and formulating policy recommendations for financing NDC implementation.
- Act as a trusted advisor and facilitate engagement with government, academic, non-governmental organization, and private sector stakeholders and program partners in promoting green growth.
- Serving as the main point of contact, design and deliver advisory and technical assistance to the Government of Thailand and other key stakeholders and program partners on the implementation and further mainstreaming of in-county capacity building activities.
- Support the preparation and quality assurance of project deliverables, internal reporting and evaluation, and external communications.
- Manage program administrative tasks, including procurement, financial compliance and others, as required.
- Provide minutes as required for meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Liaise with other GGGI divisions, departments and country programs.
- Other duties, as required from time-to-time.
- Build and maintain relationships with business associations, development agencies, non-governmental organizations, and relevant private sector players operating in Thailand and the region, to collaborate and establish partnerships to ensure the effective delivery of the Thailand program.
- Regularly communicate with multiple stakeholder groups, and capture and disseminate program achievements and lessons learned in coordination with Thailand Country Representative, and GGGI headquarters and other country offices.
- Support the government and stakeholders to design and deliver capacity building and outreach events, such as workshops, conferences and trainings.
- Advise and support on technical aspects of knowledge products.
- Manage multiple, complex, impact-based, multi-phased projects on time and on budget. Support the preparation and quality assurance of project deliverables, internal reporting and evaluation, and external communications.
- Achieve synergies between the various workstreams of the program.
- Undergraduate degree in the fields such as international relations, development, or other area related to green growth.
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in Thailand.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement, capacity building, development work, and project management.
- Experience working with a range of stakeholder groups (e.g. corporate, academic, governmental and non-governmental organizations).
- Excellent communication, presentation, networking, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in organizing project events.
- Experience working with government counterparts, preferably in Thailand.
- An excellent command of spoken and written English and Thai.
- Understands and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promotes an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Processes and shares information easily and is excellent at problem solving.
- Manages emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolve conflict easily.
GGGI is in the process of a grade realignment exercise. Implementation of the grade realignment may result in a change in the grade and title of this position.