The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Home Water Treatment (HWT) Advisor to support the SHOPS project with the International Health Division in Haiti. The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) Plus project is the follow-on project to USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health. In Haiti, SHOPS Plus is working to scale-up the availability and distribution of key commodities for family planning (FP), maternal and child health (MCH), and HIV and AIDS prevention. SHOPS Plus Haiti will also implement HWT promotion activities to increase awareness of HWT strategies to reduce the spread of cholera and other water-borne diseases.
SHOPS Plus Haiti is seeking a full time HWT Advisor. S/he will oversee HWT message and materials development, outreach activities, social marketing/product distribution, and other activities in country.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate stakeholders and partners regarding use of existing materials, plans, and to ensure that synergies occur across HTW activities
- Develop/modify communications materials and other outreach materials to reduce the spread and effects of cholera and other water-borne diseases
- Work with health educators to disseminate messages and materials, develop and coordinate trainings
- Lead meetings and discussions with HWT manufacturers are marketers to develop long-term partnerships for HWT products
- Work with PSI to mobilize their distribution network for HWT
- Supervise the HWT Community Outreach Coordinator (Abt staff)
- Work closely with other SHOPS Plus Haiti technical leads to ensure an integrated approach across all project activities.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- 10+ years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in health management, public health, communications, business administration, or other relevant field.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in capacity building and training, preferably in public health and/or community health, SBCC/demand generation and outreach activities.
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to write technical papers and reports.
- Fluency in written and spoken French is required; Haitian Creole is a plus.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time, is required.
(10+) years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.